· You have had an injury that has made the middle joint of your finger become bent and you are unable to straighten it fully.
· A splint will have been made for you to wear at all times for the next 6 weeks, and then at night for 2 weeks. This will help straighten your finger.
· If your hand is swelling then keep it up in the air as much as possible.
Exercises: Do these every hour in your splint
1. Block your finger at the end of the splint just below your end joint. Bend and straighten the joint slowly. Do this 30 times.
2. Make sure that all your other fingers are not getting stiff by bending and straightening them fully. Do this 30 times.
· Do your exercises regularly
· Do not remove your splint and bend your finger (If your splint is uncomfortable then let your Physiotherapist know as soon as possible)