Helen Heron BSc Hons Physiotherapy
• 1999 BSc (HONS) Physiotherapy, University of Birmingham
• Numerous 1 day Hand Therapy courses (e.g. Management of Wrist Instability Workshop - Rosemary Prosser, Hand Trauma Emergency Care Course - Professor W Bruce Conolly)
• International Hand Conference 2007 - Sydney
• Wrist BAHT Level II 2008
• Hand Anatomy - Windsor course 2008
• Elbow 1 day course 2008
• ESP Course Bath 2009
• Career long interest in upper limb and hand injuries, past 5 months working as Senior 1 Therapist at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
• 2.5 years at Sydney Hand Unit, Sydney Hospital, Australia
• Complex hand therapy case load (80% trauma) including plastics, orthopaedics, rheumatoid and congenital
• Previously taught on and involved in organising a one day hand therapy course ‘Introduction to Hand Therapy Management of Wrist and Hand Fractures' at Sydney Hand Unit.
• Teaching experience in both units, current supervision and teaching senior II Physiotherapists, previous experience teaching students and rotational staff.
• Organization and running teaching for Hand Therapy in service training